Monday, June 05, 2006

A week in Darwin! Am i Happy? Yess!

Well what an exciting change!  A week in the very city in which i live!  Good to get a moment or two to catch up with people and to be there for the Grand Opening of Happy Yess!  My involvement in the project ended up not being too big, but it is pleasing to know that my lovely 50s lamp and my globe lightshade and gels are being put to good use by the Happy Yess team:  Who have done a marvellous job on decorating the place.  I did not make it for Cinco Locos on Saturday night mostly as i suspected there may have been a riot at the 50 person limit dictated by the clubs license presently...  www.happyyess.com
 
Finally caught up with Amy (Andrew was at work) and their lovely baby Georgia (who was fast asleep).  Had a cuppa on the Base formerly known as the HMAS Coonawarra and managed to actually not get searched or arrested; which was good.
 
Made a big dent on cleaning my room; but I really need one more session to be completely happy and ready for a new chapter in my life.  Looks like my potential overseas trip won;t be happening in the holidays after all so this will help get things sorted in Darwin.  Also it will mean i can finally catch up with all the people i've been missing in Darwin.. Most exciting!
 
O!  Big congratulations to Anna and David for the birth of their wippersnapper: Ruby!  And congratulations to Sally on her big step!!
 
But first!  Three weeks in Gapuwiyak!  Tally ho!
 

6 Comments:

At Wed Jun 07, 09:55:00 PM PDT, Blogger Dave said...

There's a website for Happy Yess..it's at: http://www.happyyess.com

Enjoy!

Davo

 
At Wed Jun 07, 10:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Dave said...

This comment is comprised of a link to a link in my blog that links to your blog:

Confused?

 
At Thu Jun 08, 05:09:00 AM PDT, Blogger Anna said...

Hello Nim Im so happy to be able to contact you I last saw you in Darwin as my mate emer and i were heading back to uk Augustish 1999 borrowed your car and was crap at keeping in touch but thats me. Been working in theatre and carnival theres a particularily attractive (sarcasm!)photo of me on my very new blogger site.
I'm enjoying a rare day off though much like yourself im sorting and tidying but this mainly to be honest. Hope you do have a notion who I am it would be class to catch up. Speak soon A

 
At Thu Jun 08, 08:37:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Anna! You out nerded me on your very first BLOG page!! No way!! You managed to get a picture up and everything! Hey btw as i have a tenedency to forget my password all the time you will need to allow anonymous, posting for me to be able to post on your BLOG! Sorry about that! I'm sure to remember it eventually... I remember you and Emer well; indeed i have been wondering what became of you for quite some time... i still have two of the tents! Wow! So it has essentially been 7 years. awesome! Look forward to a catch up yes.

 
At Sat Jun 17, 03:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger Anna said...

Hyya Nim I got your message via young man The process was confusing at first but I think I have figured it out and now I am open to anonymous types I really am crap at these computer thingys I've been checking out the options of what you can do and don't understand half of what they are. I just must not delete anything. I'm going to dig out a few of the old photos got a scanner from my young man for my birthday and have recently mastered the one button does all thing.
Anyway must be orff speak soon A

 
At Sun Jun 18, 10:15:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Dave!

The man's a genius!! And now finally Anna and i are back in touch! Woo!!

And there was great rejoicing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home